SSC CGL Tier-IV Syllabus & Exam Pattern
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) CGL Tier – IV Exam comprises of a couple of skill tests which are required for certain government posts and document verification procedure:
Data Entry Speed Test (DEST):
- Data Entry Speed Test (DEST) at 8,000 (eight thousand) Key Depression per hour on Computer is specifically for the post of Tax Assistants (Central Excise & Income Tax).
- The “Data Entry Speed Test” Skill Test will be conducted for a passage of about 2000 (two thousand) key depressions for a duration of 15 (fifteen) minutes.
- This test will be of qualifying nature and is used to check the typing speed of the candidate.
- DEST will be conducted in the manner decided by the Commission for the purpose.
- Orthopedically Handicapped (OH) candidates opting for the post of Tax Assistant in CBDT are exempted for appearing in Skill Test. OH candidates opting for post of Tax Assistant in CBEC are not exempted from Skill Test.
- Hearing Handicapped (HH) and Visually Handicapped (VH) candidates are not eligible for exemption from the Skill Test. VH candidates will be allowed additional compensatory time of 5 minutes in DEST. Only those VH candidates who opt for scribes in the written examination will be provided passage reader at the time of Skill Test.
Computer Proficiency Test (CPT):
- The Commission will hold CPT, comprising three modules –
- Word Processing,
- Spread Sheet and
- Generation of Slides
- The test will be conducted for the post of
- Assistant Section Officer of Central Secretariat Service (CSS), Assistant Section Officer (MEA), Assistant in Serious Fraud Investigation Office (SFIO) under the Ministry of Corporate Affairs and Assistant (GSI) in the Ministry of Mines.
- CPT will be of qualifying nature.
- The CPT will be conducted in the manner decided by the Commission for the purpose. No exemption from CPT is allowed for any category of Persons with Disabilities (PwD) candidates.
Document Verificaiton: The last step to the final selection would be Document Verification. Candidates will have to submit copies of various documents like Matriculation Certificate, educational qualification, caste certificate, relevant document, if any relaxation is taken, etc. Candidates will be required to produce all documents in original for verification at the time of document verification.