The Civil Services of India are the most important permanent system of government of India. The civil service system is the vertebral column of the managerial technology of the country. Indian salt Services are amongst the important civil service department which comes under the Group of A class. In the constitution structure of India, Salt is the middle topic and shown as article No. 58 of the Union list of the 7th Schedule.
It is stated as: (a) Manufacture, Supply and distribution of salt by Union agencies and (b) Regulation and control of manufacture, supply and distribution of salt by other agencies. The centre Government is accountable for calculating all characteristics of the Salt Industry all the way through Salt association. After elimination of sense of duty on salt, the question occurs for to meet up the operating expense for sustaining salt subdivisions. Government of India enforced a cess on salt in the nature of expunge duty from 1.4.1947.
Later it was consequently legalized by perform salt cess Act, 1953. Underneath this Act, the progress of the cess decreased. Government of India has formed a variety of groups like as Salt Expert Committees in 1948, Estimates Committees in 1950, Departmental Committees in 1951, Manu Bhai Shah Committee in 1958 to examine different features of the commerce. All these working groups suggested a choice of calculations for improving performance of the salt association and establishment of boards to counsel Government on the operation of salt. The execution of the division was promoted efficient in the light of the proposal of the High Level Salt Enquiry Committee in the year 1980.
Later in 1996 Indian Government has loosen and abridge course of action and had firm to de-license the salt industries. As on 2001. The foremost and basic roles of the Indian salt services are as follows:
- Hiring of Central Government ground for salt production,
- Preparation of construction objectives,
- Assembling equitable distribution and supervising the value and charge,
- Advertising of technological expansion and guidance of personnel,
- Preservation of standards and enhancement in class of salt,
- Nodal Agency for checking production,
- Allocation and class control of Iodized salt,
- Administration of Departmental properties, Scheduling,
- Formulating and supervising implementation of development and employment welfare schemes,
- Manufacture of exports and pre-shipment test,
- Collection of Salt Cess, Assignment Fee,
- Ground Rent and other several dues,
Analysis of salt works affected by natural calamities and miss happenings.