TISSNET Syllabus PDF File
Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) conduct Tata Institute of Social Sciences National Entrance Test (TISSNET) every year. TISSNET conduct for it’s Full-Time (Regular) Post-Graduate Degree Programmes (M.A., M. Sc., M.H.A., M.P.H., LAW) offered from Mumbai, Tuljapur, Guwahati, Hyderabad campuses and other centres locations like Chennai and Nagaland. TISS-NET is a computer-based test with 100 objective type multiple choice questions (MCQ). Those with basic working knowledge of computer can take the test easily. The questions are framed out of 3 key areas viz. General Awareness, English Proficiency, and Maths & Logical Reasoning. There will be 100 objective questions, each carrying 1 mark.
TISSNET Exam Pattern:
– General Awareness has 40 questions on static GK and current affairs mostly from social and economics topics.
– English Proficiency section of TISSNET 2020 has 30 questions that test candidates’ grasp over the language.
– Mathematics and Logical Reasoning section also have 30 questions from quantitative aptitude, reasoning ability and data interpretation.
TISSNET Syllabus for Mathematics & Logical Reasoning:
– There are 30 questions in this section, each carrying 1 mark.
– There are about 35 main topics to be prepared for the test.
– While preparing, we also recommend you to refer to NCERT books from class 9-12.
TISSNET Syllabus for General Awareness:
– Candidates are asked 40 questions from this section in TISSNET 2020.
– The key to scoring well in this section is by devoting quality time to reading newspapers or watching news channels.
– There are around 17 main topics from which questions are likely to be asked.
TISSNET Syllabus for English Proficiency
– A total of 30 questions are asked from 2 broad areas- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension.
– It is framed to judge the ability of the candidate in usage and understanding of the English language.
– Candidates having proper usage of words and sentence and good grammatical knowledge can easily crack this section.