Shillong Polytechnic Diploma Courses Admission 2020: The Shillong Polytechnic, Meghalaya has invited online applications for admission to 3-year Diploma Courses in Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering and Computer Science & Engineering for the Session 2020-21. Interested candidates can apply online and offline before 30th July 2020. Polytechnic provides facilities for study in Diploma courses in Engineering after S.S.L.C. (10+)
Shillong Polytechnic Diploma Courses Admission 2020:
1. Diploma Courses: Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering and Computer Science and Engineering
- Civil Engineering (CE): 60 seats
- Electrical Engineering (EE): 30 seats
- Mechanical Engineering (ME): 30 seats
- Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE): 30 seats
- Computer Science and Engineering (CSE): 30 seats
– Qualification: Candidate must have passed Secondary School Leaving Certificate (10+) examination conducted by the Meghalaya Board of Secondary Education or its equivalent conducted by a recognized Board/Council securing at least 45% marks in Mathematics and 45% marks in Science relaxable to 40% marks in Mathematics and 40% marks in Science for candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe Communities of Meghalaya.
– Age Limit: Applicants should not be more than 21 years of age as on the 1st July of the year of admission relaxable by 1 (one) year for candidates who have passed HSSLC (12+), or equivalent examination, 3 (three) years for candidates belonging to SC/ST and 5 (five) years for persons with disabilities.
– Medical Fitness: A candidate should be physically fit and mentally sound and possess a minimum standard height of 1.5 meters relaxable to 1.3 meters for Hills Tribes, weight averaging 41 kg, chest 72 cm with minimum expansion of 2.5 cm and free from any type of physical handicap which might hamper efficient performance of student’s professional studies.
(i) Criteria for selection of candidate for admission shall be based on the aggregate marks in Mathematics and Science secured in SSLC/HSLC/equivalent exam.
(ii) Candidates will be selected through an appropriate screening/ selection process conducted by the Admission Committee, Shillong Polytechnic duly constituted by the Government of Meghalaya.
(iii) Final selection shall be made by the Admission Committee, Shillong Polytechnic.
(iv) All selected Candidates should join within the date fixed by the Principal. Original Class X mark sheets must be handed over to the Office during enrolment/payment of fees.
(v) After expiry of the date fixed as in para (iv) above, candidates from the waiting list will get the opportunity for admission against any vacancy due to non-joining of candidates from the merit list, within the fixed date.
Last Date: 30th July 2020
How to Apply: Interested candidates can apply online through the Shillong Polytechnic official website before 30th July 2020.
For more about Shillong Polytechnic Diploma Courses Admission 2020: Visit Here http://admission.shillongpolytechnic.com/