IMU PhD/ MS (Research Program) Admission 2020: Indian Maritime University (IMU), Chennai has invited online application for admissions to Ph.D. and M.S. by Research Program for the Academic Session commencing in August 2020.
IMU PhD/ MS (Research Program) Admission 2020:
A. Schools for Research
1. School of Marine Engineering & Technology
2. School of Nautical Studies
3. School of Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering
4. School of Maritime Management
– Ph.D. Program: The eligibility criteria for admission to the Ph.D programme shall be one among the following :
1. Candidates who have passed SSLC (10th or 11th class/grade and PUC or higher secondary (12th grade) before joining undergraduate (UG) programme (3 or more years) and UG before joining PG degree programme, i.e. 10+2+UG Degree (3 or more years) or 11+1+ UG Degree (3 or more years)
2. The Post Graduate (P.G) shall be in the respective areas of research in the Schools mentioned in the previous slide or a relevant discipline with at least 55% marks or equivalent Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA). For SC/ ST/ OBC(NCL)/ PwD Candidates, the minimum marks shall be 50% (or equivalent CGPA).
3. M.S (by Research) or M.Phil degree in the respective areas of research in the Schools mentioned in the previous slide or a relevant discipline.
4. Mariners with Master or MEO Class I Certificate of Competency or PGDMOM qualification with 2 years of continuous teaching experience at degree level as faculty in IMU / IMU Affiliated Institutes/DG(S) approved institutes.
– M.S. (By Research) Program: Undergraduate (U.G) degree with 10+2+( 3 or 4 ) pattern in a relevant discipline with at least 55% marks or equivalent Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA), except in the case of Mariners for whom a Master or MEO Class I Certificate of Competency would suffice. For SC/ST/OBC(NCL)/PwD Candidates, the minimum marks shall be 50% (or equivalent CGPA).
– The Written Test (Stage I) in Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) to test a Candidate’s General Mental Ability, knowledge on the Maritime sector, and knowledge on the relevant discipline/ area of research in which the Candidate proposes to do the Ph.D or M.S (By Research). This shall have 40% weightage. This test will have 120 Questions and the time duration is 2 hours.
– Descriptive writing Test (Stage II) to assess proficiency in technical writing & English will be in the general area in which the Candidate is interested to do research. This shall have 30% weightage. Time duration for this will be 1 hour.
– Personal Interview (Stage III) by the Departmental Committee which will be conducted at IMU Headquarters for the qualifying Candidates at a later date shall have 30% weightage.
Application Fee: Rs. 1000/-
How to Apply: Interested candidates can apply online through the Indian Maritime University (IMU) official website.
For more about IMU PhD/ MS (Research Program) Admission 2020: Visit Here https://www.imu.edu.in/