University of Hyderabad has always remained one of the major institutes for completing postgraduate studies in India. Founded in 1974 is mainly offering fiver-year Integrated Master’s Degree in different fields like Life Science, Medical Science, Science, Management, Performing Arts, Social Science, Engineering and Humanities. This university also offers M.Phil and Ph.D. courses in the discipline at the Doctoral level. It has 46 different departments and Centres organize in 12 schools of studies with over 400 faculties and over 5000 students. The university is known for its modern infrastructure, a vast array of course and eminent alumni that attracts students from all over the world.
Admission Time: In order to get admission in the university for the UG and PG course admission, the candidate should have completed 10+2 or equivalent examination or graduated from recognized university. Once the result is declared for the 12th board exam or graduation result admission starts in the university. The obtained by a candidate in these classes stands as major eligibility criteria to qualify and apply for various colleges.
In general, the complete admission is scheduled as:
- Application process from April to May
- Availability of admit card in May
- The entrance exam for admission in different courses from May to June
- Declaration of results from June to July
- Commencement of classes from July
- Closure of admission in August
Admission Application: From offline to Online
With the introduction of the digital platform, gone are the days when applicants have to stand in a long queue and submit the admission application at the admission counter in the college. Today candidates can apply for the admission both online and offline for the University of Hyderabad.
Registration: For students, wishing to apply for any course in the University of Hyderabad, just log into the admission portal and register to pay the required admission fees. Students can easily pay the fee using credit cards, debit cards, and net banking. It is easy to upload the photo, fill the application form and register to commence the exam. Along with the written exam, the university also accepts the other entrance tests scores like CAT to qualify for MBA, GATE to qualify for MTech, Artificial Intelligence and Information Technology along with 5-years Integrated MTech.
On the other hand, students can fill all the personal details in the application form and submit it at the address: Assistant Registrar, University of Hyderabad, P.O Central University, Gachibowli, Hyderabad – 500046.
Documents required to be facilitated along with the application form include:
- Passport size photo
- Scanned signature of the applicant
- Self-attested Class 12th and 10th mark sheet
- Cast certificate issued by the competent authority
- Other extracurricular activity certificated if applicable
Once the online application is submitted successfully, candidates can easily download the Admit Card from the official website of the university. The university will not send any separate admit card to the address of candidate by post.
Admission 2019: With the introduction of modern technology, the application process for the admission in the University of Hyderabad has gone several changes. Now the online application is preferred over the offline application. The registration window for the application for the entire course is from April 1, 2019, through May 3, 2019. Hall ticket is available from May 20, 2019, and entrance examination date is May 27 to May 31 2019. For candidates applying for admission in MBA application form is available from August 16, 2019, and the last date for the application is December 15, 2019. The dates for GD and PI are from February to March 2020.
- The registration fees are applicable when registering online and are as below:
- For general category applicants fee is Rs. 500
- The fee is Rs. 350 for OBC
- Fee is Rs. 250 SC/ST/PH
- Fees can be easily paid using a credit card, debit card or through net banking.
Modes of Admission: PG courses
As per basic admission criteria, the university conducts written tests and interviews in courses like Integrated M.Sc, Integrated MA, MA, MPH and other courses. This University accepts admission in different courses based on the marks obtained in the bachelor’s degree, based on written test and interviews or scores obtained in various exams like CAT, GMAT, NIMCET, etc. In such cases, final admission is based through GD and PI. The university provides reservation to SC/ST/OBC/PWD and dependents of Defence personnel and other eligible students.
- For admission in M.Sc. biotechnology, admission is offered through CEED that is conducted by JNU
- UGC NET/JRF/CSIR NET/ICMR/ICAR/DBT are also considered as eligibility to apply for M.Phil. and Ph.D. courses and such students do not have to go for the written test conducted by the university
- For Integrated M.Tech computer science admission the university accepts the score of JEE Main that is followed by counselling
- For MPA and MFA admissions, university conduct is written a test and practical along with an interview
- In each course, the cut-off mark is different in both written test and interview. Along with this, the minimum percentage is also set for the marks obtained in Graduation and +2 levels in all subjects.
Top Colleges affiliated to University of Hyderabad
Here is a list of top colleges affiliated to University of Hyderabad
- School of Management Studies: Best for Ph.D. and management studies courses
- The Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostic – Provides Ph.D. course and M.Phil. in science
- Centre for Distance and Virtual Learning – Suitable for post-graduation diploma in business management, PG Diploma and other courses
Some of the notable faculty, alumni and staff includes:
- Girish Agrawal, FSR
- M Sridhar Babu, former minister, the government of Andhra Pradesh
- Rahul Benerjee, chemist and Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar laureate
- G. Naresh Patwari, chemist and Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar laureate
- Goverdhan Mehta, FSR
Foreign Students: The University of Hyderabad provides education opportunity to international students in different educational and research programs. For this, the office of International affairs coordinates with other university leaders and is responsible for any bilateral agreement and participation in the network for different universities. Foreign students can easily contact this department for any admission related query during the working hours. Any NRI possessing an Indian passport will be considered as Indian national.